I had a migraine today, so decided to share one of my remedies with you guys today. While it shouldn’t be the sole replacement for medicine, it really does help with your headaches.
½ Tsp of Pine (you can gather it from the ground)
½ Tsp of Peppermint
½ Tsp of Lemon Balm
2 cups of Olive, Almond, or Sunflower Oil
⅓ cup Beeswax
Peppermint Essential Oil
- Put the oil in a pan and set the stove on low; you want it warm but not simmering (if simmering it’ll cause the oil to go bad faster)
- Add the herbs in. If you have an empty tea bag or muslin bag to put them in, then do so as then you won’t have to strain the oil.
- Let this mixture sit for three hours on low heat
- Strain herbs out of oil (or remove the tea/muslin bag)
- Add beeswax to pot and add oil back in
- Wait for the wax to melt, then pour concoction into the jar or tin
- Add essential oil
- Let cool/harden (putting it into the fridge speeds up the process)
- Rub on temples (side of the head) when your head hurts